Of course you can! We’d love to have you as part of our team.
Front Porch Folks is a for-profit enterprise. We know that if you volunteer with us, we need to make it worth your while. So here is how you can get involved to move the project forward, and what you get for it!
The Simple Things:
- Invite a friend. You can do this from inside your profile. You help us grow, and you get one more connection to help you grow.
- Write an article. Our standards are high, and we won’t approve articles that are poorly written or that are not original and interesting. But we will help you learn to write better by helping you polish an article if you need us to. And if your article is accepted to the database, you’ll get good exposure from a high ethics source.
- Post to the Forums. That helps us too. If you get involved with making the forums a fun and pleasant place to be, it helps your business grow too!
The Official Things:
These positions offer the following general benefits:
- Free membership to this site
- Free Platinum membership with MicroWebmasters Alliance
- Free hosting account with Redneck Webmaster
- Enhanced marketing benefits
Volunteer positions will be paid positions as soon as the site has sufficient revenue to support salaries, and volunteers in these positions will be first in line for paid positions.
- Moderator for forums or profiles. To do this, we have to know you well enough to have a relationship of trust with you. This puts you in front of the members, and helps you get greater exposure.
- Communications Assistant. Help us create regular newsletters to assist the members in using the site. You get credits on every email. Two positions, 1-2 hours per week.
- Marketing Assistant. Help promote the site in approved ways, and help us attract more members. You get credits on this site. Four positions, 1-2 hours per week.
- Welcome Wagon Helper. Greet and welcome new members, and help them find their way around. This job helps you get to know new members very quickly, and to network with them faster. Two positions, 1-2 hours per week.
- Awards Volunteer. The awards volunteer reviews member statistics, and makes verifiable recommendations for four separate awards each month. They also create announcements for the awards, and write an award notice for each award. 1-2 hours per month. This position allows a volunteer to get their name in front of others in a fun way.
- Special Skills Volunteer. If you see something we need, or have skills you think that we might benefit from, we’ll work out a deal with you. We are willing to swap hosting, ad exposure, memberships, or website services of all kinds.
We strive to treat our volunteers fairly, and to offer benefits that make it worth their while to help us out. We do not intend to get rich at your expense, we’ll offer paid positions as soon as possible.